Another question

This sucks Jack. Do we need to posse up and head to IN? Sounds like they need to turn the lights back on in the factory so people can see what the hell their building. 

Ditto...  Jack, maybe you should trade your boat in for a motorcycle???

Just kidding.  Don't trade the boat!
A motorcycle was the first thing I wanted to buy when I retired .Until I saw all the deer running all over ..Had 3 run into ours cars so far , most likely wouldn't be here writing this had I been on a bike .

So I take it it was cold out when you took this video?  If so, he's probably right about the exhaust steam.  Just like a car in cold weather.
Yes,it was in the 40's ,the dealer also compared it to car in cold weather .

I'll find out today .

Hello Jack...  sorry for your troubles.  Fellow Michigan boater here and I can ease your mind a little on the "smoking".  I have a 3 year old Benny and dropped her in the water down here for the first time last Friday.  Temp was in the upper 50's and water temp was only about 64 degrees.  I noticed the moter appeared to be smoking as well.  As I said, 3 year old motor with never a problem.  Ran it over the weekend in eventual 83 degree weather and 70 degree water temp.  No smoking, no issue.  And, it is a Yamaha...

Just got back , went out for a few hours . No smoke .

That's a positive!

Yes, it's just vapor. Mine does that when it's cool out too. If it's blue and/or there is a smell of oil or gas, that's a different story.

This sucks Jack. Do we need to posse up and head to IN? Sounds like they need to turn the lights back on in the factory so people can see what the hell their building. 
Andy I will meet you there !

Not Kidding 

Smiley-upset-icon.png
Not necessary,I am sure everything will work out .

Chuck you don't have any factory issues ,do you ? 

I know Andy does .

Hi Jack, been reading all of the issues, I would of parked it in the showroom  for him if you know what I mean! (check the gallery, big blue!!) your dealer should be thankful for your patience! The only real stupid thing they did to my boat was not to cover the ends of the tow bar and it rubbed against the front panel adjacent to the door. Yes... you can see daylight thru it :angry:  The dealer is just a mad as I was because that's just laziness on someones' part, could have prevented! He promised to replace the panel. :D   Oh yeah, they also didn't send the hardware needed to mount it with the HD rub rail, somebody's slacking! 

If had had not calmed down since my retirement this would be a completely different story .

Dealer has been fine ,every item that I have an issue with is/was out of his control .

I DO know that Bennington has recently been in contact with my dealer ( Thank You ) some of the missing parts are "supposed" to be here Monday .

(knock on wood )

How ever after speaking to the head of my dealers service department .They still have not received any information on the missing Bimini ,Boot & Mounting hardware.

And they ( Bennington ) have not said anything about replacing the arch .

I was told about a repair .

Which the would fill the gouge with something & paint .

My issue is the arch is powder coated ,not painted .

No one believed me about the kill switch not working at all ,so I took a video of me flipping the switch on/off while underway and sent that to the dealer .

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack, how do you "flip" the kill switch?

Jack, how do you "flip" the kill switch?
In the video I use my finger .

I have also tried  the lanyard ,it didn't work then either .

Not sure if I want to post it here . I will see if I can pm it to you .

Wasn't that a Bennington video where they used iPads to quality check everything? How does a kill switch that doesn't work get out the door??? That's a MAJOR safety issue...

Cosmetics is one thing, function is another. But safety items are paramount. The boat isn't legal, let alone putting people at risk.

That is correct I currently have two unsafe ticket-able issues ,kill switch that does not work  and no stern light 

Wasn't that a Bennington video where they used iPads to quality check everything? How does a kill switch that doesn't work get out the door??? That's a MAJOR safety issue...

Cosmetics is one thing, function is another. But safety items are paramount. The boat isn't legal, let alone putting people at risk.

I can understand things getting damaged in transit, things coming loose, orders being messed up or options not being exactly right.

But having major STANDARD items missing or not working AMAZES me that they get shipped out that way.

There are lots of ways to keep this kind of thing from happening.  Something is wrong in B-land... 

Its almost beginning to seem like Suntracker secretly bought them out...

TB - If you read this, you guys can use that last line at the next employee meeting.  Or management meeting.  Or both.

Thanks,.

I am sure it will get worked out in the end .

I also really appreciate every one that has helped me with these issues .You know who you are and what you have done .

THANK YOU 

FYI : it's not stated here but TB ( or Bennington factory) HAS CONTACTED JACK. Let's keep the facts up to date please ...... So let's give them the benefit of the doubt and a little time before we continue to blast them for not responding.

Sorry, that is correct TB Has indeed contacted me ( 5/29/14) and they have also contacted the dealer to get everything corrected  . I must been getting confused ,I thought I did post it some where .If not I apologize .

FYI : it's not stated here but TB ( or Bennington factory) HAS CONTACTED JACK. Let's keep the facts up to date please ...... So let's give them the benefit of the doubt and a little time before we continue to blast them for not responding.

I am going to the dealer today( 6/4/14) .It has been  5 days since TB contacted me and I provided them with the requested information .

I will post any updates when I return .

I also did receive a phone message from Bennington  Monday ( 6/2/14) .A number to return their call was left ,I tried twice on Tuesday ,no answer I left a message .

Back