Another question

Good Luck Jack. Sounds like a frustrating situation that will hopefully be remedied. I am hoping its a little bit of growing pains for a company that has quality background. Sometimes even the best have bad days!

I am confident that every thing will work out .

Thanks 

Just got back from the dealer .

I have a Stern/Anchor light .Going out shortly to try it.

The Bennington threshold has also arrived ,dealer will install that .

New prop ,on order .

New Kill Switch on order .

Bimini ,boot & hardware ,no one knows ,All I was told was it was " expedited "

My question is what happened to the original ?

Other electrical ,I have to try a few things when I go out . It may be the way the power distribution panel is set up .

Damaged arch .

Still not happy . Boat needs to come out if service for repairs .Not acceptable during the short summers of Northern Michigan .

I have been told ( by the dealer)  that Bennington has said it is "their arch supplier " issue .

I still want it replaced instead of loosing time in June or July .

Still no call back from Bennington .

I am going to the dealer today( 6/4/14) .It has been  5 days since TB contot acted me and I provided them with the requested information .

I will post any updates when I return .

I also did receive a phone message from Bennington  Monday ( 6/2/14) .A number to return their call was left ,I tried twice on Tuesday ,no answer I left a message .

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad. Let them do all the non safety repairs during the off season.

Just got back from the marina ,to try the anchor / stern light .

It doesn't work ,bulb looks fine .either in the assembly of the light or the wiring in the arch .

Led's in the arch work. Back to the dealer .

Still no call back from Bennington .

Update on the stern/anchor light .

Just had a bench check .light itself works fine .

It has to be the wiring somewhere .

Jack, can you only install it one way or two ways and is it an led? The polarity might be bass akwards.   :eek:

Not an LED , there are two pin holes .So yes  it could go either way .

I brought it home hooked it up to a  12v supply ,light is fine .

Dealer has added it to his "to do" list 

My opinion. Outsider looking in, and what I would suggest. I would let them fix the safety related items first so you can use the boat this full season, and discuss with your dealer a trade for next season. He could order you your next boat with all the fixings you want AND test/prep it over the winter. You'd have the current boat for this season to use, and a new boat next season with everything tested and ready to go. Sounds like a win/win to me. (Guarantee your dealer would be able to flip your current boat for a profit.

At this time the dealer can not even "flip" my 2013  trade in .

I would not have an issue with going with  15  .As long as I received what I paid for the 14 .

Daily update 

Still waiting for Bennington to return my call .They called at Aprox 4:00 pm yesterday .

We were not home .

I called back again this morning ,got a voice mail .

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since the problems were discovered and 1 week since Bennington had contacted me for dealer information and my information .

I have no new information and the dealer has no new information .

I did receive  the stern/anchor light yesterday ( which the dealer had  previously ordered )

However it does not work when  installed .

11:45 am ,still no answer @ Bennington 

Got through to Bennington @ aprox 2:30 pm today .

I have been told .Bimini ,boot & mounting hardware was shipped this morning .They are going to call with the tracking info Friday ( too large to overnight and I can understand that ).

Kill switch ,Bennington also though that there may have been a service bulletin on the switch ,either way dealer has s switch ordered .

Gouge in the arch .I was also told that If I would that it Will be repaired and that if there is anyone in Northern Michigan that does powder coating  it will be re -powder coated .

With this information I then went to the dealer ,He checked on powder coating while I was there and there is a local facility that can do it . He is going to make arrangements.At this time I don't know if they will come and get the arch or wait until the off season .

Dealer also has my new prop . So once the Bimini arrives they will come out ,install it ,fix the Kill Switch ,Fix the stern/anchor light ,check the electrical and try out a new prop .

Thank You for the help .

You know who you are  :D

Great news! Hopefully they have an oven big enough for the arch.

That was my first thought . Arch is probability 8'6" wide and at least 4' tall unbolted from the frame . Now you make me want to go measure it  :p .

It can wait until Tomorrow .

I've seen ovens big enough to fit small cars in. Think positive !!!! :)

Great news Jack!  Glad it is all coming together for you

Hopefully, Pics next week .

Whew, nice you're getting closer to resolution.  It's high time for you to be able to put these issues behind you and get on with enjoying the boat!

Whew, nice you're getting closer to resolution.  It's high time for you to be able to put these issues behind you and get on with enjoying the boat!
Yes indeed ,season is short enough up here 

Back