Boat is home! Was: Placed my order - 2350RSR

As Wayne would say .... SCHWAAAAAANG !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/1331-the-coon-toon-project-pic-heavy/page-3

Here it is.  It was right here on this site.

I have not had good results with the search engine on this site.  I did a search for "weber" and the ONLY thing that came back was your post above.  Then I went to Google, and found the link above.  Guess what - It has the word "weber" in it, but this site's search engine didn't find it.  Maybe I have some setting wrong...
There is a nut behind the keyboard. My guess is it has a screw loose.

Ha ha.  That would be true for sure.  Not sure it explains the search engine problem though.

My dealer also said no sharkhide! Maybe is because of the water we boat on? Ct. River in Mass. Dont know but did not include in my build! 2015

I got a surprise call from dealer late yesterday.  It was ready to pickup.  I was supposed to pickup on Friday.

I'll get some better pictures this weekend but...She is Finally Home!!  That was a LONG 9 month wait!!!

I got a surprise call from dealer late yesterday.  It was ready to pickup.  I was supposed to pickup on Friday.

I'll get some better pictures this weekend but...She is Finally Home!!  That was a LONG 9 month wait!!!
Beautiful!

Now get that girl wet!

Wiped down the tunes with lacquer thinner tonight and then applied a coat (two passes but not two coats as not 24 hrs apart) of Sharkhide.  It went on very easy.  I was able to get on the inside of the tunes as well (including strakes) with a creeper.  The only thing I couldn't get is the area that the bunks covered.  Seems to have turned out very nice.  Evens out the sheen of the raw aluminum.  I put on about 3/4 can.  May be a little heavy. 

Very strong odor.  Should have been wearing a respirator, but didn't.  Applied with cloth baby diaper.  Also need better gloves as it seemed to wick through the nitrile gloves I was wearing and was burning my hands a little.  Changed gloves often, but recommend heavier gloves.  Cost about $65 including diapers, sharkhide and lacquer thinner.  Took about an hour.

Plan on getting it on the water tomorrow night. 

I got out on the water tonight.  Everything went very smooth.  Launch and load no issues.  We've got a lake 1/4mi away from our home with a decent public access.  It was not busy, so I was able to take my time.

We had the whole family on the boat (5 of us) and brought dinner (celebrate the boat and my birthday :) .)

I put 32 gals in and it probably had 5-10 (don't know gauge well enough yet.).

Did mess around too much.  Got it to 46 at about 5600 RPM (15.5x17 SWS2).  It seemed a little low.  I was expecting 5.8-6K.    Then I remembered the fuel and the 5 people on board.  It was only a couple 15sec pulls.  Played with trim a little, but just trying to get the feel for the boat now.  Hopefully get it in the water more on Saturday to get some time on her and get a feel for everything.

Power steering is nice.  I was surprised how loud it was (not bad, but you could certainly hear it when idling.

The motor is amazingly quiet and SMOOTH.   Love the digital throttle and shift (no clunk/grind like F115).  Very smooth power delivery.   Loved how the boat banked into the turns w/o ventilating like my 115 did.  Can turn VERY sharp under power.

Great first outing!  Can't wait for #2

Nice fastnstealth, its going to be a great summer

I got out on the water tonight.  Everything went very smooth.  Launch and load no issues.  We've got a lake 1/4mi away from our home with a decent public access.  It was not busy, so I was able to take my time.

We had the whole family on the boat (5 of us) and brought dinner (celebrate the boat and my birthday :) .)

I put 32 gals in and it probably had 5-10 (don't know gauge well enough yet.).

Did mess around too much.  Got it to 46 at about 5600 RPM (15.5x17 SWS2).  It seemed a little low.  I was expecting 5.8-6K.    Then I remembered the fuel and the 5 people on board.  It was only a couple 15sec pulls.  Played with trim a little, but just trying to get the feel for the boat now.  Hopefully get it in the water more on Saturday to get some time on her and get a feel for everything.

Power steering is nice.  I was surprised how loud it was (not bad, but you could certainly hear it when idling.

The motor is amazingly quiet and SMOOTH.   Love the digital throttle and shift (no clunk/grind like F115).  Very smooth power delivery.   Loved how the boat banked into the turns w/o ventilating like my 115 did.  Can turn VERY sharp under power.

Great first outing!  Can't wait for #2
If I read it right, you have a 17P prop?  I would have thought a 300HP engine would over rev with that prop?  Just wondering because I am going to have my 250 Pro reprogrammed to a 300, and I am trying to figure what prop to use.

I have the 2350 rbr with a 225 sho and I have the same prop as fastmnstealth. I also topped out at 5400-5500 rpm at about 41 mph. I think it is hard to predict. The Mercury may be different as well. That is why I now believe it is so important to have a dealer that will water test your boat and adjust the prop and possibly mounting position to maximize performance. My dealer said I was in the acceptable range and called it a day.

I have the 2350 rbr with a 225 sho and I have the same prop as fastmnstealth. I also topped out at 5400-5500 rpm at about 41 mph. I think it is hard to predict. The Mercury may be different as well. That is why I now believe it is so important to have a dealer that will water test your boat and adjust the prop and possibly mounting position to maximize performance. My dealer said I was in the acceptable range and called it a day.
I agree accept I have the 250 Pro and I am having my ECU re-programmed so it will have 300HP.  The dealer tested it at 250HP.  So I would like to guess somewhat close my first time.  You are right, different brand engines may make a big difference.

Keep Ken at propgods in mind. He will ship you a prop to test for around $40 (depends where you live, he is in Florida). He is also very knowledgeable and will discuss what type of performance you are looking for. Thus, this would be another option if your performance drops substantially with the reprogram.

I got our new boat to the cabin this weekend.  Lots of work to do, so didn't get much time out on her.  Probably about an hour.  Snapped some pictures of the event.  My wife and other daughter didn't make it up because of work and my wife's "weekend away with the girls".

The lift is my brother's.  I still don't have mine in yet.  Hoping this weekend.

The dogs LOVE the extended deck.  They HATE the full door up front.  My G had a 3/4 panel door that was open on top.  It was the perfect height they could see through.    And yes...We do let them on the furniture in the boat.  No damage to the G.  Hoping the R vinyl is just as durable.

Nice !!!

Nice Ride fastmnstealth.  Going to be great summer

Looking good!!

We like the open top of the bow gate as well. Our lab loves sitting there and looking through it

We like the open top of the bow gate as well. Our lab loves sitting there and looking through it
Andy, I think you're looking at the stern.        :p

Back