Its included with the Garmin

I went with a less expensive one. Did you guys install your finders yourselves?

Is anybody swapping a garmin 90/95 out by chance. Mine STB and I can't seem to find anything that will fit back into the cutout in the dash. I really don't want to leave an empty hole in the middle of my dash. Any suggestions are appreciated. I don't need anything real fancy. Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI for those that are interested. I stopped by my local Cabelas store today and picked up the 53DV for $279.00 as part of their door busters sale. As of a few minutes ago, it was still listed for the same price on their website.
Sale is on again ,just bought one . Thanks 

If you also purchase the chip it should be eligible for the rebate 

http://garmin.blogs....ng-rebate.html

Here is the chip .

check  your state 

http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?1380594

Mine ( GPS)  has shipped "supposed " to arrive Monday .

I have heard nothing about the chip 

I just got a message about the chip .

They state its discontinued .

I dont think so 

"The item that you have placed an order has been discontinued. We are no longer able to get the item for you. We are truly sorry that we are unable to fulfill your request. Please contact our sales if you would like to seek for a possible replacement of the discontinued product."

Are your guy's transducers mounted to the bracket on port side stern toon?

Do you have the live well? If so, does the pump cause interference?

Is anybody swapping a garmin 90/95 out by chance. Mine STB and I can't seem to find anything that will fit back into the cutout in the dash. I really don't want to leave an empty hole in the middle of my dash. Any suggestions are appreciated. I don't need anything real fancy. Thx
I'm swapping a 95 out. Pm me if you like.

Got my 53DV today. Can't wait to get it installed. Huge compared to my 95/100. Fancy cover came with it too. I wish it had a disconnect at around 6' like my other one had, but oh well. Come on April 1st !!

Garmin came yesterday ,chip came today .Rebate form going out shortly

Got my 53DV today. Can't wait to get it installed. Huge compared to my 95/100. Fancy cover came with it too. I wish it had a disconnect at around 6' like my other one had, but oh well. Come on April 1st !!
I dropped my boat off for service today.  I was talking to the service manager and he told me that Bennington special requested the little pigtail on the Garmin transducer cable.  Garmin makes them special just for the Bennington factory.  I thought that was interesting.

Nice job JaccFrost.

I dropped my boat off for service today.  I was talking to the service manager and he told me that Bennington special requested the little pigtail on the Garmin transducer cable.  Garmin makes them special just for the Bennington factory.  I thought that was interesting.

That makes me wonder if the wiring from my 95 to the disconnect may hook up to the 53DV transducer cable? I can connect to that and just let the excess looped and laying on top of the toon if so. Hmmmmmm

Randy, you might have made my life easier. Looks like the 95/100 uses same extension cable. I just bought one, but looks like I won't need it. I should be able to connect to my old one as long as my old cable from my 95 will plug into my 53DV. I hope so. I won't have to wait for warm water if so. 

Garmin 3M (10FT) Transducer Extension Cable for connecting 4 pin transducer to compatible Sonar units. Compatiable with Garmin Echo 100, 150,  200, 300c, 500c,  550c, echoMap 43dv, 44dv, 53dv, 54dv, echoMap CHIRP 42/43/44/45/52/53/54/55 Series, STRIKER 4,5 and 7 series and GT-20 4-Pin Transducer.

Back