Gas Prices

I wonder when it will bottom out. I saw 2.19 on my way into work this am. I'll fill up on the way home in case it drops some more.

News just said crude was up some today 

Costco in Spartanburg, SC yesterday regular gas was $1.97. The $2.00 mark is broken

We have a chicken dinner winner!

I saw $2.18 on my way into work this morning. It is so cheap now I might buy a snowmobile just so I can consume more at these low prices.

Filled up today at $1.97 in Clare, Mich. Then next station was $1.95. Haven't seen those for a long time.

Hopefully those prices work their way south!

Hopefully those prices work their way south!
?????????????

How about North ?

I am North of you  Andy ,we just got down to $2.47.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped another 6 cents over the last few days.  2.18 today.

I would love to see sub $2 at the pump. 

$1.97 here yesterday!

Don't know why we aren't dropping; $2.75 still lowest price and I just paid $2.85 because I use a credit card rather than cash and they upcharge 10 cents

$2.17 this morning.

We are still high .( gas prices ) 

$2.45 for cash ,$2.47 for credit .

Paid $1.92 yesterday and I heard that in Upstate it's as low as $1.87

Isn't it nice not being so dependent on the middle east?

Now if they would just stop using corn in the gas .

Isn't it nice not being so dependent on the middle east?
It is working.  OPEC is squeezing the fracking industry in retaliation.  Who says capitalism doesn't work?

I'm hoping this will make ethanol more profitable for human consumption instead of motor consumption.

I had filled for $3.43 in traverse city yesterday - then $1.97 in Clare. Have seen several below $2 in Plymouth canton area where we are visiting for holidays.

We just broke the $2 mark here.  $1.98 today.

Down 20 cents since yesterday!  Wow!

From a consumer point of view, the best remedy for high prices are high prices.

...and...

...unfortunately...

From a producer point of view, the best remedy for low prices are low prices.

It's only a price war until someone blinks and surrenders. Raw capitalism doesn't work well when demand is inelastic...which energy is. Aside from healthcare and education, energy is the sector of the economy with the least elasticity in demand. True economists (not capitalists posing as economists while they cash their dividend checks) bang their heads at the lack of an energy policy in this country. It's amazing to me. It costs so much more than $59 a barrel to pull oil out of the ground. It's a head scratcher.

Back