Gas Prices

$2 per gallon for gas. $25 per gallon for heavy cream for the ice cream maker we got the kids for Christmas. Ha ha ha. Something's not right.

Last edited by a moderator:
imagejpg1_zps8ad7e097.jpg

We are WAY still too high for a 95 mile trip down 131 .$2.45 ,no excuse to be 50 cents more , except gouging 

We are WAY still too high for a 95 mile trip down 131 .$2.45 ,no excuse to be 50 cents more , except gouging
That .50/gallon is your "view of the bay" tax, Jack!

I probably mentioned this before. Night before we left for Myrtle Beach when hurricane Katrina (2005) was headed toward US, gas was $1.89 at the pump. They warned gas would be going up so I filled the tank. 

The NEXT MORNING when we left for MB, the gas was $2.39. .50 cents overnight AND THE HURRICANE WAS NOT EVEN here yet (US). It's never been back since.

Every time it would move downward, there'd be some B.S. reason .... pipe inspections, plant maintenance, Saudis ..... remember, this is the same years (05-07) that the Big oil companies were posting world record profits ......... Hmmmm....

I was in the muder capital yesterday and gas was $1.72!!! I was ticked as the truck has a full tank already.

We are still getting Gouged .$2.25 here, $1.78 just 90 miles south in Cadillac 

Saw several stations in traverse city yesterday under $2. I didn't need gas though.

Most stations are between $1.85 and $1.89 around here.

Jack

Still $2.85 local and paid $3.01 when traveling on the NYS Thruway 

Paid $1.79 yesterday. It may come to pass the ethanol will not be economically feasible and all gas may go back to non ethanol. We hope. Corn does cost money and to turn it into ethanol liquid the expense may be too great.

In areas of Petoskey E 85 is now just about the same price ,as regular 

Yup, curious what that price level is...

In areas of Petoskey E 85 is now just about the same price ,as regular
That would say the bottom was hit for ethanol...

Just saw an article written today saying they are talking about raising the gas tax in my state 10 cents.  Figures, with gas so cheap, they use it as an opportunity to raise taxes.

We got nailed with tax on Jan. 1st. It was 8-10 cents/gallon. It was coming anyway. Increase was put into affect couple years back.

Back