Hit AGAIN!

I just got off the phone with the sheriff .

He is headed over to the other boat shop to ask questions ? 

Hoping for some good detective work pal

Now this is getting interesting .

The sheriff just called again after his visit to the other boat shop .

They have no knowledge or records of any service on the Searay ,nor were they out at my marina .

Now the sheriff is going back to talk to the owner of Searay for more information .

If I had a rubber hose I would beat.....

Sheriff called again ,now the work on the Searay was a side job ,that they have/had no records of .

Time for finger prints. It is a crime scene!!!! That guy is such a liar. If I was single I would move up there, seduce and steal his wife. Then get the searay in their divorce and and sink it in front of him....becuase he would be secured to the transom!!!

Easy does it, Andy! ;-)

Sheriff called again ,now the work on the Searay was a side job ,that they have/had no records of .
Yeah, right.  Who has work done on their boat and then has no idea who did it???  The Sheriff has GOT to be smelling something fishy going on...  And I'm not talking about the boat. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need to call Tubbs and Crocket.

Who mentioned rubber hose?

There are three hoses on the outdrive of a Mercruiser--called bellows.  One's covering the drive shaft, one's covering the exhaust and one's covering the shift cables.

Take a midnight swim and carry a box cutter.  The bellows can be cut--and a drip, drip, drip will eventually fill up the boat with water.

I had one rot on me one time.  I can also tell you how to get an I/O boat off the bottom of the lake without a crane.

I have to stay away for my own good . I don't want to spend the summer in jail for cold cocking him .

I couldn't bring myself to comment in this thread just because it just makes me sick to watch and I feel so badly for you Jack. Unfortunately, there are a lot of inconsiderate people out there, with no regard whatsoever for others' property. All too often they get away with it and haven't the first concern even if they're caught red handed. Somehow you have to be firm with the situation, but keep it under control as the LEO said.

Whats odd is that for example ,someone hits a mail box and takes off ,everyone is involved ,taking pics ,paint samples ,questioning body shops etc .( I know federal vs private ) 

What happened to hit and run ,leaving the seen and lying to the police ?

I am beginning to believe the culprit may be protected and they just might be trying to pacify me .

I thought that we may have been able to move to a new marina/slip by now . Still waiting on a reply .

Are you able to use the boat at all or are the vibrations that bad? What is the adjuster thinking for scope of repairs? Can you get the State Police involved if the local boys in blue are not doing their job? You have more patience than I!!!!!

We are going out today ( not far just in case) ,see if I can get a better feel on the vibration .

I went to the dealer this morning ,they earliest they can get out is next Tuesday.

We have 4 police departments in my area .Local  with in the city of Petoskey , Emmet  County Sheriff ,Michigan State Police and Tribal Police .

County handles most cases outside of the city limits .

As we were putting the cover on  today ,the owners of the slip across from us were coming out to  use their boat for the day .

I told them to check theirs because of what had happened .

Sure enough the owner of the Searay is coming down the dock  I know he over heard me .It took everything I had to keep my mouth shut .

He noticed I was their and put his head down .Nothing was said .

Then we go into the marina to use the facilities ,one of the owners was there ,she walked out and left in her car ,a few minutes later as we were leaving she was coming back .

Boat : Vibration that I never had before @ 1000-1200 rpm.I can feel it in the steering ,floor,throttle and the helm .5100 rpm is now the max, used to be 5800-5900 .

Sheriff also called today .They have questioned who ever did the side job on the Searay ." I didn't hit anybody and everything was fine when I left " 

Back