Hit AGAIN!

Nope, the moral of the story is run towards Jack!

I thought I only had to run faster than Jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running to help him in the battle against SAB's.

I just received a follow up from the sheriff . Of course the owner denied it ,how ever the boat had just been in for service at  another boat shop . It is possible that they could have done it.

I mentioned that there is a camera at my marina . I do not know if it just a live feed or recorded .The sheriff is going over today to find out .

He also stated that there is not enough evidence to pursue any further unless there is something on the camera .  

Hopefully there is something on the video. You can tell the Sheriff is really working the case when you have to advise him there is a camera at the marina.....seems like that would be item #2 in the "Guide to accident investigation"

Actually he is from the marine division .Usually on a boat or jet ski . 

Just got back from the marina with the insurance adjuster . There is absolutely no question in his mind that the Searay  2 slips down is the one that hit mine .

We also looked at the camera, the one I have seen would not have caught the incident .

Not enough evidence? Don't they watch CSI? Get a sample of the paint on the boat and a sample from yours... do they match? Yup, now the owner has to deal with whoever was driving his boat. OR... you could take a knife and write "I don't know who scretched your boat" into his. Or better yet I forget all the ingerdients but I've heard rumor a contractor took a dead mouse, 1/4 jar of mayoanyse, and something else acid or somting to react with the other two items, seal it and placed in in an exterior wall. The jar heats up after the mouse decays and breaks open leaving a god awful smell no one can locate. 

I remembered a previous post about replacing a cowling .I am thinking about $1500.00 ,for it . Plus what ever is causing the vibration  .Insurance was good last year when they replaced the port side pontoon. Feel like an a** having to call them 2 years in a row because of some moron (****** ******)  .
Jack, In all my years I have never had an insurance claim on my house or boats.  I did have an accident a number of years ago in my car but the other driver was ticketed and his insurance paid for everything.  My question is; Once you submit a claim does your premium go up?

It did not last year ,because the boat was docked and I was not at fault . Hopefully same scenario this time .Still stuck with the deductible both times .

Jack, In all my years I have never had an insurance claim on my house or boats.  I did have an accident a number of years ago in my car but the other driver was ticketed and his insurance paid for everything.  My question is; Once you submit a claim does your premium go up?

Might be a stretch but since they technically don't know who is responsible for the damage could it be claimed under...... uninsured boater?!? Is there a deductible for that?!?

Jack, your insurance company needs to subrogate against the SeaRay owner/their insurance in the event they pay a claim. I don't see how they would not be liable for the damage caused to your boat. Most homeowners policies automatically provide liability coverage so if you have their name maybe you can track it down that way. This would also circumvent any finger pointing at who was operating the boat as it wouldn't matter. Such and such ins co provides liability coverage for damage caused by boat, said boat damages another, case closed. Does your marina require you to provide proof of insurance when you sign for a slip? I would think the marina would in the event some yahoo hits the pier, dock etc and causes damage. I feel so bad for you. But you said the camera doesn't show your slips.......time for a little revenge! Apparently all you have to do is deny it afterwards and you'll be fine. Based on the owner not knowing where or who has his boat sounds like a perfect opportunity. The searay owner is probably 4'5" and is compensating for something.

Hey Jack, what a bummer you're going through! If you felt like asking for advice on another website I often read the Clark Howard forums and there's an Insurance Discussion Forum where folks in the business or just people who have gone through things similar help others with random questions (just like this site). Just a thought for another resource for you. Good luck! Terri

Here's the link: 

http://mb.clarkhoward.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Insurance&s=0f043f4e0a6b717b8991674549fbc39c

If the owner of the Sea Ray lies and just says he did not do it what happens then?

Not a thing .Since being from Harbor Springs ( high dollar area ) most likely protected .

If the owner of the Sea Ray lies and just says he did not do it what happens then?

Sounds like a perfect application for a cordless drill and a long 1 inch bit. Throw it in his boat when you are done. When they raise his boat off the bottom of the lake just say it's not your drill and you have no idea how it got there.

Sorry to hear the outcome so far Jack. Take lots of pics if you haven't. Never know when they'll come in handy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack, your insurance company needs to subrogate against the SeaRay owner/their insurance in the event they pay a claim. I don't see how they would not be liable for the damage caused to your boat. Most homeowners policies automatically provide liability coverage so if you have their name maybe you can track it down that way. This would also circumvent any finger pointing at who was operating the boat as it wouldn't matter. Such and such ins co provides liability coverage for damage caused by boat, said boat damages another, case closed. Does your marina require you to provide proof of insurance when you sign for a slip? I would think the marina would in the event some yahoo hits the pier, dock etc and causes damage. I feel so bad for you. But you said the camera doesn't show your slips.......time for a little revenge! Apparently all you have to do is deny it afterwards and you'll be fine. Based on the owner not knowing where or who has his boat sounds like a perfect opportunity. The searay owner is probably 4'5" and is compensating for something.
Hey... I have a 23' boat with a 250 VMax... What are you trying to say?!... I GUESS I SHOULD SAY HAD... Reality is sinking in...I'll post more in a new thread.

Hey... I have a 23' boat with a 250 VMax... What are you trying to say?!... I GUESS I SHOULD SAY HAD... Reality is sinking in...I'll post more in a new thread.
?

Sounds like a perfect application for a cordless drill and a long 1 inch bit. Throw it in his boat when you are done. When they raise his boat off the bottom of the lake just say it's not your drill and you have no idea how it got there.

Sorry to hear the outcome so far Jack. Take lots of pics if you haven't. Never know when they'll come in handy...
This may work on the 4th 

sw5a-vi.jpg

Back