Hit AGAIN!

Right now ,it is just for investment and the marina . Taxes and association dues are still less than half of what we were paying for our current slip .

Long range we would prefer to go where we can boat more than 5 months a year .
Soooo Canada is out I guess??? Hehe

Sorry Derrick ,but no Ice Boat for me .

pb-110728-canada-ice-water-boat-02.photoblog900.jpg

I have a "five minutes" joke, but I'll keep on topic.

I have a "five minutes" joke, but I'll keep on topic.
 I could care less about going topic .

Anyway ,I got the new slip today . 12 X 30 .What a difference compared to 10 X  too short .

Since I own it with the property ,I can do what ever I want to it to suit my needs 

I have already ordered some pilling bumpers and additional  cleats .

New pics to follow soon . 

We are very happy so far ,Burt Lake & Mullet Lake are completely  different than Crooked Lake and Pickerel Lake .

Took about 2 hours for the move down the Inland Water way .

Tomorrow will be the interesting day ,when I tell the OLD marina I want some money back .

Do you pay by the year or the month?!?

It's by the year . Even though I have only been there this season for 2 months . I would be happy if they refunded half 

Hope you get some but based on their past performance not so sure

All the members here should just start calling the marina there until he gets a full refund.

I am on my way shortly . I'll post the outcome .

My slip is visible from the road .Beside's myself I have many friends who drive by everyday and will call me if they see another boat in the slip this season .

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is one I would just un hook it. Then walk in and state there was a boat in your slip and now it is floating away...you might want to go get it.

Good luck today and stand your ground.

Nothing ,in fact she was very rude .Said it was too late in the season ,then counted off June ,July August .I told  her it was only July. Won't let me find a new renter or even sublet .

She then stated she would rent it out as a  Transient slip . I told her I better not see another boat in my slip this season .

I then left .I will get a pic of the first boat I see in there ,and I will file with the small claims court .

A complaint to the AG  may be in order then also 

Make sure your contract does not have a section concerning the forfeit of contract if slip is vacant for a period of time. I have seen several with that buried in them. Sorry for all your trouble. You will like the bigger slip. Hope you enjoy the rest of your season.

Even if they rent the slip out as a "transient slip", they will owe you money as you paid for the full season.  The Marina I am in has a waiting list and whenever someone turns in their slip, they get a pro-rated refund for the remainder of the year.  We pay from March to March and some folks who decide to sell their boats will turn in their slip in October and receive a pro-rated refund for the remainder of the months.  The fact they will not allow you to find a new renter or sub-let shows they are bad business people.  Word gets around and that is probably your best approach at this point. Enjoy your new slip and the rest of the boating season.  

Been reading the contract the past few days looking for loop holes .Cant find any .Nothing about vacating other than notifying the marina ,which I did this morning .

I just now had to go back to get my 3rd key from them and remove my lock from the dock box ( I was going to leave it on ,but if I end up in court ,I don't want them to say I was uncooperative ) .

While another employee was getting my key the owner came back out and said " you can keep your dock lines there if you want " 

I shrugged my shoulders and left .

Sorry to hear the issues Jack. I would keep a raft tied up so they don't take over your slip. Look how slippery they have been with this whole process. I wouldn't trust them. Hopefully on your way out you threw eggs at the sea ray.

Been reading the contract the past few days looking for loop holes .Cant find any .Nothing about vacating other than notifying the marina ,which I did this morning .

I just now had to go back to get my 3rd key from them and remove my lock from the dock box ( I was going to leave it on ,but if I end up in court ,I don't want them to say I was uncooperative ) .

While another employee was getting my key the owner came back out and said " you can keep your dock lines there if you want " 

I shrugged my shoulders and left .
It always amazes me when owners don't really give rip about customers, for whatever reason, supply and demand, grumpy dudes, etc.

I know you want to put it behind you and you should, but if you have to pay for it, why even tell them you're "vacating" if it's not in the contract? I'd keep the keys and put a sign up on my junker jon boat sitting in the slip. If they kick you out, then they'd have to compensate you unless you're violating some rule.

What Tom said!!! I found the marina on Yelp.....trying to decide if I should leave a review....

I will be deleting mine . How they have changed over the past 3 seasons .

Tom I had to pay up front ,in fact it was February .For what ever reason it is in the contract to notify if vacating .

I got a copy of the police report yesterday ,the other owner had told the sheriff that the damage to mine was well below the $2000.00 dnr report threshold .The estimate for them to come out ,test drive and estimate to replace cowling was $1860 ,that only $140 less . They take the $100 service call fee off if they repair it ,which they will .

I think lakeliving is correct about leaving something in that dock slip so that no one else can use it.  However I caution about putting a false review on Yelp if you did not experience it yourself as of the possibility of slander issues. 

I do support you Jack and if there is anything that members of this group can do please let us know

Back