Hit AGAIN!

Just read through this and it wore my emotions out. Sorry that you had to go through this, Jack. Life is short so I'm glad you decided not to let it get you too down. Glad thing are better now. And just as I have cameras around my house, including the area where my boat is, I'd have some kind of cam at the marina. Best to you, friend.
Thank You .

Got a copy of the police report .I do Not agree with it .A statement was taken from the owner of the searay ,he " allegedly " went on my boat ( without my permission ) an did some measurements . The police report states that the mark on his boat does not line up with the impact area on mine . Wrong .In the report it is stated that the mark on his boat is from 23 -24 inches above the water line and mine was 28-29 inches . No remarks were made about trim  while docked or wind ( waves ) I measured the impact area today ,the low point of impact on mine is 17 inches  all the way up to 28 inches above the water line ,trimmed all the way down .

Taking the measurements to the sheriff on Friday .

Last edited by a moderator:
Here a a few from earlier this week .fortunately  no one else was docked .

Thank You .

Got a copy of the police report .I do Not agree with it .A statement was taken from the owner of the searay ,he " allegedly " went on my boat ( without my permission ) an did some measurements . The police report states that the mark on his boat does not line up with the impact area on mine . Wrong .In the report it is stated that the mark on his boat is from 23 -24 inches above the water line and mine was 28-29 inches . No remarks were made about trim  while docked or wind ( waves ) I measured the impact area today ,the low point of impact on mine is 17 inches  all the way up to 28 inches above the water line ,trimmed all the way down .

Go up the Chain of Command Jack!!! Whoever wrote the report......request a meeting w/his supervisor or the Watch Commander. Don't give up until you are satisfied.......Get those facts straight! Reports can be amended.

Go up the Chain of Command Jack!!! Whoever wrote the report......request a meeting w/his supervisor or the Watch Commander. Don't give up until you are satisfied.......Get those facts straight! Reports can be amended.
I just dropped off my updated statement . 

I have been dealing with the Sargent ,curious to see if he calls me .

Thank You .

These are not cars.  They are boats.  They move up and down a LOT. 

Not just due to wind and waves and wakes, but when you shift from reverse to forward gear (like right before he slammed into your boat) the "waterline" can move a foot or more.  His prop wash probably moved your boat up and down some too.  There may have been people on his boat when he hit you that weren't there when he took the measurements later.  Your boat was unoccupied when he hit you, yet his weight was on the back of your boat when he boarded your boat without permission to take measurements, different levels of gas and gear change the waterline, I could go on and on.

To use measurements down to the inch when there are so many variables that could make the range of error a foot or more in either direction just doesn't provide concrete evidence as to what actually happened.  The boat would have to be on concrete (trailer) for measurements like this to be concrete!  Don't let them try and pull a fast one on you by claiming the measurements disprove what really happened.

And file trespassing charges!

OMG, he got on your boat ?????? I'd be in jail for kicking someones ass if they got on my boat when I wasn't around, ESPECIALLY some nimrod who hit me ....... I have to commend you Jack for taking the high road !!

OMG, he got on your boat ?????? I'd be in jail for kicking someones ass if they got on my boat when I wasn't around, ESPECIALLY some nimrod who hit me ....... I have to commend you Jack for taking the high road !!
Yes, this would be me too ^^^^^

For sure. I'd hide in his boat. Wait until he goes out, jump out and........

Disclaimer: Behaviors suggested in this thread are for entertainment purposes only and are not posted here as suggestions for actual behaviors.

;-)

Randy

Mod Team

It is in the police report that the SeaRay owner took the measurements .

When I took mine, I trimmed down ( I keep it trimmed up now ) raised back up then took from the wet mark  to the lower and upper impact area 

These are not cars.  They are boats.  They move up and down a LOT. 

Not just due to wind and waves and wakes, but when you shift from reverse to forward gear (like right before he slammed into your boat) the "waterline" can move a foot or more.  His prop wash probably moved your boat up and down some too.  There may have been people on his boat when he hit you that weren't there when he took the measurements later.  Your boat was unoccupied when he hit you, yet his weight was on the back of your boat when he boarded your boat without permission to take measurements, different levels of gas and gear change the waterline, I could go on and on.

To use measurements down to the inch when there are so many variables that could make the range of error a foot or more in either direction just doesn't provide concrete evidence as to what actually happened.  The boat would have to be on concrete (trailer) for measurements like this to be concrete!  Don't let them try and pull a fast one on you by claiming the measurements disprove what really happened.
Thanks ,more variables that I had not thought of .

Disclaimer: Behaviors suggested in this thread are for entertainment purposes only and are not posted here as suggestions for actual behaviors.

;-)

Randy

Mod Team
Rest assured ,I am not going to anything except through the proper channels .

;-)

Randy

Mod Team

I was going to say tickle him....wow you guys really put a low value on someones life!!

Rest assured ,I am not going to anything except through the proper channels .

I'm a Marine, kicking A** is my proper channel !!!  ;)

There are a lot of things that have gone through my mind as far as what I "could "do .

Not worth it at this point .Most likely obvious who did it 

Hey Jack

Just read through the whole thread and really sorry you have had to go through all this. Everything I am sure will work out in the end.

I am thinking if that happed to me, the boat might have disappeared to the bottom of the lake, and I would not have known what happend. (For entertainment purposes only)

Hey Jack

Just read through the whole thread and really sorry you have had to go through all this. Everything I am sure will work out in the end.

I am thinking if that happed to me, the boat might have disappeared to the bottom of the lake, and I would not have known what happend. (For entertainment purposes only)
Thanks

Everything will work out ,the motor will be repaired .

Best part is ,we are at a new marina and in an area the we most likely would not have been to even though it is connected .

Looks by the pics and sounds like your new slip will be nice, you will be able to set it up how you want and have more control.

Hopefully less worries and headaches.

Sometimes that is why I don't mind trailering mine, when I am done using it I know it is ok. It is sitting in our building out of harms way and out of the elements.

Hi Jack,

Even though I have thrown out a few comic type comments, and I do think a proper application of C4 solves problems (yes, entertainment purposes), these types of incidents get under our skin. However, as I have had to learn, peace of mind and serenity is a better place to be than aggravated and pissed. It sounds like you are in a better marina and the boat will be repaired. I often have to tell myself to let things go at some point. I'm not telling you what to do, just my thoughts as I have been in many situations where the anger eats me up. The interesting thing is that I do believe in Karma, and she can be a real B---h.

Cheers, Steve

Hi Jack,

Even though I have thrown out a few comic type comments, and I do think a proper application of C4 solves problems (yes, entertainment purposes), these types of incidents get under our skin. However, as I have had to learn, peace of mind and serenity is a better place to be than aggravated and pissed. It sounds like you are in a better marina and the boat will be repaired. I often have to tell myself to let things go at some point. I'm not telling you what to do, just my thoughts as I have been in many situations where the anger eats me up. The interesting thing is that I do believe in Karma, and she can be a real B---h.

Cheers, Steve
I agree , 10 years ago I would have been in jail by now .

Next move ,is waiting to see a boat in my old slip .Several of my friends and my self drive by daily .They all have my phone number .

Back