Lightweight "Weekend" Cover

charger68

Reaction score
Good morning. This might seem like a strange request, but does anyone know of a lightweight cover that can be easily taken on and off - similar to a grill cover or furniture covers? We have a covered dock and the Bennington Canvas Cover works well for storage, but we would like a quick, lightweight cover that we can throw over our L22 to protect her overnight during the weekends we are able to be down at the lake. Ideally it would either have a elastic band or a drawstring to quickly cinch it down.

Try amazon.com,West Marine,etc . Most boating stores should have what you are looking for .

I always used to cover my boat, but the last 2 years I've been leaving it open when we're not using it (we have a covered lift as well). I picked up a cordless/lake-fed pressure washer last year and hose it off when the pollen gets too crazy, but other than that, there's really been no reason to keep it covered. Still looks brand new/pristine.

We tried that, but the spiders are brutal. I try to stay ahead of them, but they can make a huge mess quickly.

Good morning. This might seem like a strange request, but does anyone know of a lightweight cover that can be easily taken on and off - similar to a grill cover or furniture covers? We have a covered dock and the Bennington Canvas Cover works well for storage, but we would like a quick, lightweight cover that we can throw over our L22 to protect her overnight during the weekends we are able to be down at the lake. Ideally it would either have a elastic band or a drawstring to quickly cinch it down.
When we kept our boat on a lift the spiders were killing us! I would clear the webs and they would be back when we came back at the end of the day. We thought of another easier cover to put on but in reality it didn't take us long to snap the regular cover in place. So we never got one!

We have the cover with the concealed clips. They work great, but my wife and daughter struggle with them (me too sometimes). It would be really great to find something inexpensive that could be used to protect the main cover from the spiders as well and then be disposed of when it is destroyed.

Spiders (and their droppings!) were why we had to still cover ours as well when we used to have the boat lift and canopy. That said, it meant i could get away with doing a rather poor job of securing the cover because really it was only there as a spider dropping barrier. So we tied off around bimini supports and did 1-2 clips on each side. That was it, no poles or anything else. The canopy really is what otherwise protected it.

I have used the Spider Away on our dock and lines, and it does help a lot. I too avoided putting it on the boat in any way. It has a powerful and not so nice smell, so I never used it around the exterior of home or deck.

It works pretty well, but does require fairly regular application.

Everytime we come in, before we clean the boat, we wash the inside and outside of the canopy with Dawn and fresh water. Really seems to help with spiders, birds and mold. Mold can really get bad if you don't get ahead of it down in FL. Then we spray Spider Away on the cables and lift. Sounds like a lot of work but well worth it.

We’re gonna try the Dawn. Previously Spider Away was not effective, but maybe the combination might do the trick.

This is by far the best stuff i have ever used. I mix it 2 oz to a gallon of water. Spray the boat in spring and then around 4th of july. Never a bug in the boat or around the house. I stayed in a cabin one time and it had the extimator bill laying on the counter, it listed "Talstar" for the spray used. This stuff is really good. Also sold at Amazon https://www.domyown.com/talstar-tal...yKpmzJnZFChnaan8rYVOEx8rZK_TUEIhoC5owQAvD_BwE

Spray the underside of the lift canopy heavily and frequently with Tempo

If I was going to use the boat the next day and it didn’t look like rain I would cover just the console with a truck bed cover just to keep the dew off. Worked great for me

Back