New to tritoon and must set up boat lift

lakeliving

Reaction score
Carl is boating up in heaven now. I can’t remember how long his bunks were though. Sucks to type this but didn’t want you waiting for his response.

Yianni

Reaction score
How do you attach these brackets to a 2-1/2" wide galvanized "I" beam ? Hard to do since mounting slot is only on one side and my I-beal runs parallel with the bracket slot> :-( I do NOT want to drill in my galvanized I-beam. Thoughts ??

I wish I could answer your question but I wound up having to scrap the retrofit lift project. After having several lift companies look at it and tell me it wouldn't work for a tritoon, I sold it on Craigslist and have a new lift being installed in March.

BURRIS PROP

Reaction score
How do you attach these brackets to a 2-1/2" wide galvanized "I" beam ? Hard to do since mounting slot is only on one side and my I-beal runs parallel with the bracket slot> :-( I do NOT want to drill in my galvanized I-beam. Thoughts ??
Look up Fix marine supply they have everything you need for a boat lift.

Dewzee1

Reaction score
I wish I could answer your question but I wound up having to scrap the retrofit lift project. After having several lift companies look at it and tell me it wouldn't work for a tritoon, I sold it on Craigslist and have a new lift being installed in March.
Thank you for the reply . I found out those V brackets were designed to mount to a perpendicular support with U-bolts. Not actually meant for attachment to a parallel support like a cradle I-beam. the use of V brackets ( 6 total for tritoons ) seems expensive if Bennington recommends under decking lift between pontoons or below pontoons on keel lift that's fine with me.

Dewzee1

Reaction score
Look up Fix marine supply they have everything you need for a boat lift.
Thanks for the reply - but I don't see any angled bunk brackets on the Fix Marine Supply website :)

Triton

Reaction score
Just posted this on another thread. "Have a 24LXSR with ESP tubes on order and need to covert the carriage on my boat lift from v-hull to tritoon. My dealer says the boat lift only needs to be supported by the outer tubes, no center tube support needed, and that the bunks need to run the entire length of the tubes. Am curious to know what others think about this recommendation?" So wondering if anyone on this thread has any thoughts on this?

CLDave

Reaction score
Just posted this on another thread. "Have a 24LXSR with ESP tubes on order and need to covert the carriage on my boat lift from v-hull to tritoon. My dealer says the boat lift only needs to be supported by the outer tubes, no center tube support needed, and that the bunks need to run the entire length of the tubes. Am curious to know what others think about this recommendation?" So wondering if anyone on this thread has any thoughts on this?

From my experience the dealer is a bit off on a couple points:

1) My dealer recommended I get a 3rd support down the middle for my 25R - and I think it's a smart bet not to let the 350 Verado sit unsupported. Not sure what you're running on that 24LXSR, but I'd go for the support if you have a heavy motor.

2) I've never, ever heard of anyone having bunks the full length of the boat - and on a 24 that's a loooong span. For reference, my lift only has 13" bunks, and that's about standard for any lift I've ever seen. Remember that most of the weight is in the back, so it's fine to have more of the boat hanging off the front of the lift than the back.

Triton

Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback/thoughts. Will have a 300 on our Bennington, so makes sense to have some center tube support. Will contact my lift manufacturer and lift service contractor to see what they recommend, as I'm sure they served other tritoon owners. - Thanks

BURRIS PROP

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - but I don't see any angled bunk brackets on the Fix Marine Supply website :)
If you go back to page one of the post and see the pictures i downloaded if you zoom in you may see the anchors that they sell.

Dewzee1

Reaction score
If you go back to page one of the post and see the pictures i downloaded if you zoom in you may see the anchors that they sell.
I tried to zoom in ( see attached ). I see that your bunks are basically flat with black rubber coverings. I am preparing to do the same with THREE pressure treated 2x10s lying flat on the I-Beams with fasteners that secure the lumber to the I-Beam. GatorBak rubber is very expensive. Please advise on what black coverings you have on your flat bunks. Thx

pontoon LIFT  BUNKS details IMG_0740.JPG