Photos!

Nice!  You guys will have to put up with my posts for a few more months.  Memorial Day weekend is when the marina opens here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great weekend on Lake Texoma.  It got up to 77 degrees!

412271381.jpg

412271380.jpg

412271378.jpg

412271376.jpg

412271375.jpg

Great weekend on the lake.  Had the good fortune of coming across this golden eagle on Lake Nacimiento.  It even posed with the Bennington logo for me!
ASG-20160417-IMG_1994_zpsvvubledg.jpg
ASG-20160417-IMG_2085_zpsro9lnmxc.jpg

Great picture AndrewG, be a nice shot for Bennington to use on FB

Some pics from a trip earlier this month. 

glan-april-2016-md-1-jpg.42139

Surreal morning reflections on Lake Powell.
glan-april-2016-md-14-jpg.42152

My friend in the act of capturing said reflections. 
glan-april-2016-md-15-jpg.42153

glan-april-2016-md-25-jpg.42163

glan-april-2016-md-30-jpg.42168

Debating whether I should tell you guys what I did to my boat toward the end of this trip.... :unsure:

After those awesome pics you could tell us you burned it up and we'd be ok! 

The images / memories posted here are truly spectacular, thank you for sharing and reminding me how boring my life is.  I'll try to capture some hot air balloons landing in our lake this summer, or maybe a seaplane, that's the extent of excitement for us.

bcpnick: we have to know what happened....

Thanks, Tom. We really were lucky in a number of ways. 

Nick, not only are you a great photographer, but you write well also. Sounds like a great trip, and sooo different from where we do our boating. The Lord sure made some beautiful places for us to explore! Thanks for the pics and words! 

Nick, not only are you a great photographer, but you write well also. Sounds like a great trip, and sooo different from where we do our boating. The Lord sure made some beautiful places for us to explore! Thanks for the pics and words! 

Thanks, Tooner. I've been trying to be more descriptive with my writing so that is encouraging to hear. 

Awesome read and even more awesome pics. The one of him standing on the "hill" is unbelievable. The amount of silt rock is incredibly huge. In makes you wonders how many thousands of years it took for that to build up. 

Beats seeing an "Escalade up on blocks"  :p .  Good stuff all around, thanks.

WOW, I can't imagine what the rest of your bucket list may hold! Very impressive adventure. I'll remember your trip when ever we get hung up on a sand bar and have to push off. But things happen on adventures. What matters is that you guys have something to share over some beers in the future. Best of luck on your future Benny adventures. And most of all,POST THEM.

Thanks for the pics, beautiful as always -- its been too long since we've seen these from you!

I just got through reading your incredible story -- glad the boat held up well and you avoided a major disaster.  

Thanks for the pics, beautiful as always -- its been too long since we've seen these from you!

I just got through reading your incredible story -- glad the boat held up well and you avoided a major disaster.  

Thanks for all the kind words. I've meant to post but had some technical hangups and got complacent. The new software upgrade to the forum, which I'm generally not a fan of, has some upsides in that I can now post photos hosted on my own site so it makes it easier to do. So with that said, here's a few from the trip I did back in January. It was pretty chilly out there, but we had it all to ourselves and it was awesome. 

Where we camped on the way down. 
smith-fork-bcp-2-jpg.40139

Bundle up! 
smith-fork-bcp-3-jpg.40140

Welcome to reflectionville. 
smith-fork-bcp-5-jpg.40142

smith-fork-bcp-7-jpg.40143

Where we camped two nights. The abundance of driftwood came in handy. 
smith-fork-bcp-8-jpg.40144

My friend up on a dome above camp looking for a good photo op. 
smith-fork-bcp-9-jpg.40145

The next day we parked the boat at the top of another canyon and hiked up it a few miles to these amazing narrows. 
smith-fork-bcp-15-jpg.40151

smith-fork-bcp-13-jpg.40149

smith-fork-bcp-23-jpg.40159

smith-fork-bcp-25-jpg.40161

It was a fine trip. A few more and the full report here: http://backcountrypost.com/threads/winter-in-the-glen.5531/

Glad for the ease of new pix :)

Pretty Cool Lakeliving, why so low,he wasn't having trouble was he?

Back