Welcome to Club Bennington

I got two ,no membership card in either though .

Not complaining but I've received 3 letters with decals so far. Only one had keychain card with it tho. We haven't had our pontoon a year yet.

I recieved 3 also. I guess we're special.    B)

Just received our third letter and decal today.

Just made my deposit at the local boat show for my first Bennington and my first boat of its kind. Looking forward to some great boating!

Congratulations!  What did you get?  

Congratulations on the new benny ,best of luck, what model did you order and where are you boating from.

I also got my third letter and decal yesterday. Only the first one had the key tag in it.

bwknight, congrats on the new Benny. We will of course require pictures as soon as possible. 

Congratulations on the new benny ,best of luck, what model did you order and where are you boating from.
We went with the 23 RFC, with a yamaha 150. Seemed like a great fit for a family that likes to fish and water sports. I was a little worried about the motor being undersized, but looks like the opinion is the 150 will do just fine...any thought? OH, and will soon be boating from Dallas, TX

Would like to post as a new Bennie owner! Ordered last month with expected delivery end of March 2014. My new pride will be a GSR 2250 with a 200 Yamaha 4stroke. My interest is to hear others who else have the 200 Yamaha 4S feel and performance. We also have the new co-captain lounger in front of our port chaise lounger. The helm is raised with a extra wide helm chair, along with matrix and sea grass flooring. If anyone has experience with this setup I would like to hear from you, or aware of these components!

Welcome to the party neighbor!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome and great boat! We have the new 200 but have not yet taken delivery. We test drove a boat last year with the new 200 and I thought it was a beast compared to the 115 we had at the time. There have been a few people post they ordered the 200 in the off season but I don't think anyone has had their boats in the water yet. Looking forward to seeing pictures of yours when it comes in and hearing your thoughts on the 200 as well.

Would like to post as a new Bennie owner! Ordered last month with expected delivery end of March 2014. My new pride will be a GSR 2250 with a 200 Yamaha 4stroke. My interest is to hear others who else have the 200 Yamaha 4S feel and performance. We also have the new co-captain lounger in front of our port chaise lounger. The helm is raised with a extra wide helm chair, along with matrix and sea grass flooring. If anyone has experience with this setup I would like to hear from you, or aware of these components!
Which 200 did you get? The 4 cylinder, regular 6 cylinder or 6 cylinder SHO? 

Which 200 did you get? The 4 cylinder, regular 6 cylinder or 6 cylinder SHO?
BulldogsCadillac it is the 4 stroke/cylinder 200. The pontoon was ordered with SPS so 200 is max. A friend has a 225 SHO on his R series so i am anxious to see difference. Still would like hear from someone who has the new co-captain lounger!

Hi, 

New to the forum.  

We don't have a benny yet, but we are currently under negotiations with our dealer on nicely equipped new 2014 2575 QCW I/O w/Volvo Penta 5.7L GI 300hp dp from dealer stock.  Though its not exactly the boat we were thinking about nor is it one we would've spec'd out the way they did, but I doubt we'd get the deal we're getting if we did.   This will be our first boat.  

I have some questions though:

1. The boat has the curved bimini, we'd like to add a second bimini.  The dealer had some suggestions. which I'm checking out. Can I just get a 2nd from Overton's?  Colors may not match though and it may look stupid as the existing is dark gray.  Anyone know what would fit?  I'm not looking to spend a fortune.  Quality of the frame from Overton?  Need 2 with the AZ sun.  How best to match?  WDYT?

2. How's the noise on the I/O with this engine?

3. The aft, above the engine, is it noticeably hot?  Can you feel the engine heat from the loungers or walking between them?  What about vibration from engine?

4.  Is there a way to figure out best economical cruise speed?  Anyone know what it is (RPMs)?  Is there a way to get this info live (does it vary)?

5.  What do you think of GPS Combo units?  Thinking 5 or 7".  Dealer is offering to install for free if I provide.  What do you suggest?  The boat will probably never see salt water.  Deepest water the boat will float on is @ 600'.  I'm not an avid fisherman, but will use the boat occasionally for this purpose and it would be nice to see where they are on a screen my old eyes can actually see.  Don't want to spend a ton, maybe $1,000 for everything if its possible.  So much out there.  I'm confused.  Suggestions?   

Thanks so much!  

Welcome steve. IMHO an aftermarket bimini wil look just like that.....aftermarket. I wouldn't if I were spending that kind of money on a "Q". As far as engine noise, I don't think you'll hear anymore than an outboard, they're pretty insulated in there. I have a Garmin 431s and it's not bad on the eyes so if you're thinking 5" or 7" you'll be ok. Good luck.

Welcome steve. IMHO an aftermarket bimini wil look just like that.....aftermarket. I wouldn't if I were spending that kind of money on a "Q". As far as engine noise, I don't think you'll hear anymore than an outboard, they're pretty insulated in there. I have a Garmin 431s and it's not bad on the eyes so if you're thinking 5" or 7" you'll be ok. Good luck.
Thanks,

Exactly what I as thinking.  We want a double bimini because were we live the sun is brutal in the summer months. Anyone have the doulbe on this model (2575QCW).  Would appreciate a picture of the double open on this model.  Anyone point me to one?

Spending too much money to settle. Thinking maybe we should just spec a boat out and have it built.  For a little more we can have the boat we want.  Though I suppose the other things we want are really just cosmetic, like paint.  My dealer has been great so far.   

Regarding the GPS Combo.  I was thinking GPSMAP 546 to replace the Echo 100.  It should fit (I think) in the same spot.  The reason I'm thinking this is because its NMEA 2000 capable, so it should be expandible, we may want to hook up fuel monitoring or even engine diagnostics in the future.  Question though, can I reuse the transducer (and do I want to)?  Where is the transducer mounted on the Q series and is it compatible with this unit I'm thinking of.  Anyone have this or a similar unit, what's involved, what else would I need?

Thanks!

Let me say this, buy your last boat first and don't settle. When I installed my 431s, I used the transducer that was already there. It was the same one that came with the unit and It's located on the rear of the port log. I have pics of my installl in my gallery. No matter what you do, your gonna love the boat. And make sure you take a safety boating course.

The I/O will run very quiet if you don't get the Captains Call exhaust system.  The dual prop setup is the bomb on a pontoon.  It is the one thing i wish we had.  We never feel extra heat from the engine at the loungers or walking to the aft. At speed the wind noise is louder than the engine.  In AZ sun, I would worry more about what is covering the floor.   I know somebody on this forum has a double on their Q

The only economical cruising speed is tied to the dock :eek:  

We cruise at a speed that we can talk to each other above the wind noise.   That is normally about 3000 rpm that gps shows 18-20 mph.   I stopped worrying about the gas cost  when it went over $3 a gallon and we decided to keep boating.  It's a toy and toys cost money which is why I work.  Gas is about 1% of the boat cost a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back