Welcome to Club Bennington

what is the other 99%?
Said it wrong - What I meant was the gas cost is about 1% of what you paid for the boat per year - I knew what I meant. :wacko:

For your yearly expenses, payments, insurance, slip rental, beer, driving to/from the lake, lake house, beverages after boating, additives to put in the gas because of the F'ing ethanol, the boat gas is a small part of the equation.     

Last edited by a moderator:
Slyguy,

Welcome to the Bennington Club Forum. It's a great place to gather your information to make a good decision.

At that price point, I would definitely order to spec or look around for something closer to what you want. You won't regret it.

I installed the Garmin 547XS and love it. I use the NMEA2000 with my MercMonitor gauge and gateway. Here is a thread about my install of the Garmin http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/2420-r-series-garmin-echo-100-to-garmin-gpsmap-547xs-upgrade/?hl=547xs

Good luck!

A agree with the others on not settling. Given this winter it will be months still until boating weather so you have time to order exactly what you want.

Given this winter it will be months still until boating weather so you have time to order exactly what you want.
Remember, he's in Arizona, not the Tundra like you guys.   B)

If he was up by Derrick, he'd have a whole year.

He measure time in boat order frequency,

"Remember honey, we have that party to go to in .75 benningtons"

Last week every state but Florida had snow on the ground. I'm thinking about engineering snowblower attachments for outboards.

Forget the Mayan calendar. I think we just witnessed the birth of the Derrick-Benny calendar...

Last week every state but Florida had snow on the ground. I'm thinking about engineering snowblower attachments for outboards.
Hawaii , had snow ? :eek:

They sure did - on the volcanos
I did not know that . Florida can have some of ours then .

I just read about it ,happens often over 9000 ft .

Hi all,

We just purchased our first Bennington 24 ft SSRX while at the boat show in Austin.  This is our second pontoon boat.  I am having trouble loading this boat I think because it's a tritoon and is was pretty windy both days we have gone out.  But overall love the boat just will take time to get used to the changes.

Annette

BEN.jpg

BEN1.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the family!

Congrats, she's a beauty !!

Welcome and congrats! I found that leaving the trailer a little shallower helped when reloading. Come in with a little speed and get it up on the bunks. Then you can always back in a little more and crank it up. I found that when it is too deep the aft will drift in wind/waves etc.

Yes, I'm in AZ, been in the 80s feel for all you guys who've been going through a very cold winter.  

I went to a boat show this weekend.  Saw some other pontoons (Harris, Crest, Lowe, Hurricane hybrid), as well as wake boats, deck boats, runabouts, cruisers, even a 65ft house boat.  I think I still want the Benny.  

Couple questions, how much extra speed can I expect from a 320 Volvo DP and a 380 Volvo DP over the 300 DP.  I think I read someone here had a 2575QCW with a 300DP, getting about 44MPH.  I don't need a speed demon, but nice to have if needed.  I want to go blackout. Never seen this without the tower though (don't want a tower), have any of you, if so point me to some pics/video?  

Slyguy,

Welcome to the Bennington Club Forum. It's a great place to gather your information to make a good decision.

At that price point, I would definitely order to spec or look around for something closer to what you want. You won't regret it.

I installed the Garmin 547XS and love it. I use the NMEA2000 with my MercMonitor gauge and gateway. Here is a thread about my install of the Garmin http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/2420-r-series-garmin-echo-100-to-garmin-gpsmap-547xs-upgrade/?hl=547xs

Good luck!
Tom, just curious, couldn't you have gotten a Garmin 4pin Transducer to 8pin sounder adapter cable instead of replacing the transducer?  Is the transducer that is provided with the echo 100 crap?  Where did you put the transducer, and where is the one that comes with the boat?  Very curious.  

Thanks much!

Yes, I'm in AZ, been in the 80s feel for all you guys who've been going through a very cold winter.  

I went to a boat show this weekend.  Saw some other pontoons (Harris, Crest, Lowe, Hurricane hybrid), as well as wake boats, deck boats, runabouts, cruisers, even a 65ft house boat.  I think I still want the Benny.  

Couple questions, how much extra speed can I expect from a 320 Volvo DP and a 380 Volvo DP over the 300 DP.  I think I read someone here had a 2575QCW with a 300DP, getting about 44MPH.  I don't need a speed demon, but nice to have if needed.  I want to go blackout. Never seen this without the tower though (don't want a tower), have any of you, if so point me to some pics/video?  
The extra HP will not give you much extra top end.  You are overcoming drag and it takes alot of HP to increase speed.  You will notice it more in holeshot and cruising.

Back