Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

Damn Canadians ...... :)

They did get 6 plus inches just north of us all we got was a dusting & some ice .

I guess we were lucky .

It was almost 70 degrees here yesterday............60 today then we're supposed to get an arctic blast of cold air from Canada.......Haven't finished driving the tractor around and mulching up all the leaves yet. I have one huge Bradford pear tree that hasn't dropped any leaves yet............... 
Hey!! Maybe it's a blast of cold air from YOUR Alaska!! I'm still wearing shorts at work! Although today might be the last day for that, it's -6C, -14C with the windchill, and we have snow on the ground, so it might be time to hang them up. Wind is the kicker when you're standing at someone's door waiting for them to answer!! 

How dare they keep you waiting, do they know many boats you've owned. Some people huh, no respect!

When we lived in NJ I worked at a Porsche dealer and the Fedex and UPS guys would see who would wear their shorts the longest into winter. But winter was nothing like where you are Derrick.

Hey!! Maybe it's a blast of cold air from YOUR Alaska!! I'm still wearing shorts at work! Although today might be the last day for that, it's -6C, -14C with the windchill, and we have snow on the ground, so it might be time to hang them up. Wind is the kicker when you're standing at someone's door waiting for them to answer!! 
Hey, wherever it's coming from it's supposed to be the coldest so far this winter. (Is it even winter yet?) Being from Hawaii I used to wear shorts (and flip flops) just about all year around.............but in my "old age" I find myself cheating by wearing them under my sweatpants and taking them off wherever I'm going like the gym, bowling alley, etc.............

How dare they keep you waiting, do they know many boats you've owned. Some people huh, no respect!Dont
Don't worry Andy, when they do answer I let them know! And if they give me attitude I remind them that I bring their stuff that says Fragile on it. Haha, I'm only kidding!! I've never done something spiteful like that! I have seen those YouTube videos of UPS though. I remember many years ago when I was a Pharmacy Tech, you'd always get those customers that you joked around with all the time, well if ever they had a good one liner against me I'd say hahaha, I licked your pills. Have a nice day!

I'm sure there are some really nice guys on your route that would probably like it if you licked their pills! I've worked with the public/customers since I was 14. You get a good feel of who you can joke around with without getting walked out the door. I was on an inspection this summer and an older gentleman was getting all worked up and encroaching on my personal space with some attitude, he later calmed down and apologized for how he was acting, I told him it's ok as I knew I could take him if he would have taken it any further. Sometimes it pays to be 6'5" and 215lbs!!  

Yeah working in retail I found there's two types of angry customers. Those that want to vent and it's over, and those that want something for free/discount. The second type can't be satisfied with discussion only. I love dealing with the first type cause you can make them happy, the second ..... you never can.

I know it has arrived now . Drove by the local ski resorts yesterday they were making snow , Why, I don't know  they are calling for temps in the 50's this weekend .

That figures opening day ( Firearms deer ) is Friday .

I'd be happy if the local resorts "have" to make snow. That means there's no "real" snow on the ground !!!!  :D

I'd be happy if the local resorts "have" to make snow. That means there's no "real" snow on the ground !!!!  :D
Bad thing is ,if the wind is blowing south east I  get some of it ,and if the lake isn't frozen that also brings the lake effect .

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay our 2 day Arctic blast of cold air from Canada (or Alaska) is over..................back to 60 today! Shorts?

Okay our 2 day Arctic blast of cold air from Canada (or Alaska) is over..................back to 60 today! Shorts?
Absolutely ,we are also "supposed" to be in the 60's this weekend .Cold front coming on Tuesday with snow to stay for the season .

70 on Sunday, but some rain.

45 and breezy here today

Well, still wearing shorts. Got up to 1 Celsius today, frigging slipping and sliding, amazes me how many stupid drivers there are out there! Excluding myself of course. Luckily my new tires came in today, Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2's. See how they perform.  They were backordered for a few weeks and I didn't think they were going to come, kinda disappointed since wife was at the point where we were going to order winter tires (Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT SUV) and buy some summer tires and rims to get the Caddy pimped out for summer. Anyone know good or bad about either tire?

Derrick, cant answer about those tires, but I was VERY happy with Bridgestone Blizzak's I had in the past. Probably one of the best "winter" tires I ever had.

I've never had "snow" tires so I can't help here. If you want to hear about driving a GTO in snow I can chime in on that...I was the neighborhood drift king. The buggy also goes sideways quite nicely in fresh powder. I have a company car now and my wife drives a lease so we haven't taken up the seasonal act of pulling off tires/rims etc.

I swap the summer wheels and tires on my Audi Quattro AWD to Michelin Alpins for the winter and it has wicked grip in the snow. The main issue is ground clearance as it's very low to the ground. I also had very good luck with Blizzaks on other cars before this one. The General Tire Altimax snows we had on our VW TDi wagon, which came highly recommended online, were terrible. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the Duelers as I haven't tried those, but winter tires are always a good idea, obviously so in your neck of the woods!

Back