Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

We've been on this ship 5 times, actually this is the 5th and it's been great. There's been rough seas and bad weather but that's Mother Nature. This will be our 35th cruise and we go again in December. I'll be thinking about you.

That is sooooo cool!

My wife was sick in the cabin along with about 95% of the ship!! I almost had the ship to myself. The pools were drained, shows cancelled, it was like a ghost town...ship.  Weather happens but damn it felt sketchy and the weather was like that for 75% of the cruise and we couldn't make our last port due to sea conditions

Just saw the long range forecast for the  Petoskey Mi area for this winter .

Noaa ,through the local paper ,calls for early snow ,but not as much,for the season. Colder temperatures all season long .

Our average snowfall is 160 inches ,by less  could they be saying 150 ?

Carl ,enjoy your cruise .

153 daysuntil Tuesday April 01 2014
a Tuesday , 5 months and 2 days from today

http://daycalc.appspot.com/04/01/2014

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just powdered lake water waiting for the spring thaw. If it's gonna be cold, might as well start banking some water too.

If it is too cold to boat, I want it frozen so I can play hockey, ice fish. 153 days....damn!

I feel bad for you guys. This was around 5:30 today on our way to a new place to eat.  
gallery_1200_147_1430870.jpg

I feel bad for you guys. This was around 5:30 today on our way to a new place to eat.  

Yeah, yeah, Carl, whatever ....... ;)

Your boat looks brand new Carl!!! The vinyl looks great. Maybe I'll start drinking 303 as a dietary supplement and maybe I won't age in the next 7 years.

Thanks Andy. Just put more on before that trip out. And I can't believe it's 67 out this am.

I cannot wait for spring to get here!!! I need to stop ordering boats at the end of the year as it is shaving years off my life agonizing during the winter months.

Yup, I bought mine in December 2010. That was a looooooong winter.

Just saw the long range forecast for the  Petoskey Mi area for this winter .

Noaa ,through the local paper ,calls for early snow ,but not as much,for the season. Colder temperatures all season long .

Our average snowfall is 160 inches ,by less  could they be saying 150 ?

Carl ,enjoy your cruise .

153 daysuntil Tuesday April 01 2014a Tuesday , 5 months and 2 days from today

Was away and just saw this.  First I thought 150", THATS CRAZY but then I just realized it was only an inch a day so that's not too bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Was away and just saw this.  First I thought 150", THATS CRAZY but then I just realized it was only an inch a day so that's not too bad
If it only came an inch a day that would be easy to deal with .

There have days we get an inch an hour .

We are only 7 miles east of Lake Michigan. A  lot of it is lake effect and some is from the ski resorts when they make snow and wind blows in our direction .

The sooner the lake freezes the sooner the snow lightens up .

147 days until 4/1/13 

It was almost 70 degrees here yesterday............60 today then we're supposed to get an arctic blast of cold air from Canada.......Haven't finished driving the tractor around and mulching up all the leaves yet. I have one huge Bradford pear tree that hasn't dropped any leaves yet............... 

Back