Yeti Can Cooler Alternative

kaydano

Reaction score
That is a great item if I go out for a 10 minute cruise

I have some Yeti stuff that we got as gifts, but man, that stuff is very expensive. Thanks for the heads up on lower cost alternative. 

I have 2 of the Yeti's ( got a deal on them @ Ace Hardware  ) .

Last summer I had a beer in a Yeti ,set next to the motor at the sand bar while I waxed the panels .

It was well over a half hour by the time I was done waxing .The top of the can was too hot to drink from ,but the beer was still as cold as possible .

I will check out the Thermos model  for  guests .

http://www.amazon.co...rds=thermos can

Wrap it in a feminine pad. Then put it in the Thermos koozie.

I have 2 of the Yeti's ( got a deal on them @ Ace Hardware ) .

Last summer I had a beer in a Yeti ,set next to the motor at the sand bar while I waxed the panels .

It was well over a half hour by the time I was done waxing .The top of the can was too hot to drink from ,but the beer was still as cold as possible .

I will check out the Thermos model for guests .

http://www.amazon.co...rds=thermos can
Similar experience here. I often drink a pop around the house, then get busy with something else (preferably the wife) and will find it sometimes hours later. It will still be ice cold (since in the house temps are mild to begin with). I am amazed at the performance for how thin they are. Less than quarter inch wall. Which to me, outperforms the Yeti since they are much bulkier. Try one next time you "Amazon". You will be surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two of these that I got free from a vendor.  They work awesome.  Just posting for those that don't want to shell out 3x the bucks for the Yeti version.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Stainless-Beverage-Insulator-Gunmetal/dp/B0000644AF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455390966&sr=8-1&keywords=thermos+can
Mine just arrived . I bought 2 for guests on the boat .

They are a LOT thinner than the Yeti .The top ring does not have to  be removed to change cans .

How ever if they work any where near the Yeti ,it will be worth it . They are 1/3rd the price .

I was able to get my 2 Yeti's on deals @ my local Ace ,$15.00 for 1 and $10 for the other .

I may try one while cooking sap this weekend .

Sounds like you may be the only on that has both...  Once you've used the Thermos one, let us know how they compare!

You could fill two empty beer cans with water, put them in the fridge until cold, then put one in each koozie and let them sit out an hour.  Use a meat thermometer to compare temps...

I can do that .I have a dual probe that I bought for use on my Kamado .

Sounds like you may be the only on that has both...  Once you've used the Thermos one, let us know how they compare!

You could fill two empty beer cans with water, put them in the fridge until cold, then put one in each koozie and let them sit out an hour.  Use a meat thermometer to compare temps...

I can just picture Jack's wife watching him head to the fridge this morning, grabbing out two beers, slamming them down. He looks back and says "It's for an experiment" and heads to the garage

I have two of these that I got free from a vendor. They work awesome. Just posting for those that don't want to shell out 3x the bucks for the Yeti version.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Stainless-Beverage-Insulator-Gunmetal/dp/B0000644AF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455390966&sr=8-1&keywords=thermos+can
I just bought two also and they are getting delivered today. Couldn't get myself to pay for the yetis. I'll post too how they work though only could be a comparison to the foam coozies I have now. Will have to wait for warmer weather too - thought they are saying possibly 70s or close next 2 days.It would be great to find deals like jack did on his yetis:)

I can just picture Jack's wife watching him head to the fridge this morning, grabbing out two beers, slamming them down. He looks back and says "It's for an experiment" and heads to the garage
Not today ,using water 

I just bought two also and they are getting delivered today. Couldn't get myself to pay for the yetis. I'll post too how they work though only could be a comparison to the foam cookies I have now. Will have to wait for warmer weather too - thought they are saying possibly 70s or close next 2 days.

It would be great to find deals like jack did on his yetis:)
Ace Rewards .

I dont believe it is a local thing .

https://www.acehardware.com/acerewards/

Not today ,using water 
I think what Andy is saying is you still use water for the experiment so that you don't let two perfectly good beers get warm. 

But, since you need two empty cans to put the water in, you drink the beer first (while its still cold of course) then fill the cans with water.

You could get two empty cans out of the trash, but I like Andy's idea better.

Exactly Dan! You have to empty the cans first! Then refill with water and begin testing

Cans (with water ) are in the fridge now 

What did you do with the beer out of the cans??!?!?!?!?!?

Back