How much did you use it?

White Laker

Reaction score
Well the season is coming to an end here in Michigan. Just got the boat out of the water along with the hoist and dock.
Finished up my first season with my brand new Bennington with 121 hours. The boat perform very well with very very few problems. I am extremely satisfied!
How many hours did you put on?

I’ve put 150 hours on mine in two summers in Guntersville, Alabama (Tennessee River). But we live in Georgia and keep it at our lake condo so about 3 weekends a month.

13.5 running hours, immeasurable floating, mooring and chilling hours.

Four or five times per week over our first season... nearly 90 hours. Multiply that by 5 and that’s how much time we spent at anchor!
B7C6106A-1E2C-4F44-8A38-E25D89C8996A.jpeg

D8BF2F6D-AC5A-4FB9-9D16-D6376461C5CA.jpeg

Crappy weather year. Probably only got about 125 running hours. Probably 300 hours chilaxing!!

Only about 25 hours in last year, and about 27 in this year. Of course that's run time - the 350 gets us where we want to go on our chain within 15 minutes most times. I probably only filled up 3 times - and I'd guess 75 gallons total this year. If I had to guess how many hours we got in "on boat" I'd say around 200. We go to an island or anchor spot and swim most times.

Used our boat at least once a week this season until hip replacement surgery in August. (Missed about 4 weeks) The weird thing is we haven't put alot of actual "running" hours on it. We'll put it in the water cruise to where we're hanging out all day. Have lunch, play cards, swim, float, eat some more, float more. Cruise back. Done! So yes we used it alot this summer but didn't run it like we have in the past.

Less than one hour. :mad:

Just looking ahead to next season…I’ll take my frustrations out on the snowmobile trails this winter. ;)
Did they ever figure out what caused the fire?

We did about forty this year, just cruised to our cove and back

Did they ever figure out what caused the fire?
No. Since main harnesses and wiring all melted, they could not “definitively” determine the cause. And since I had hooked it up to the battery charger after the new batteries drained, they then “determined” the most likely cause was I must have crossed the wires.

Makes me mad to no end, as I double checked wires before and after hook up and incident, and know they were proper. However, they dismissed my word on that since they couldn’t figure out what else caused it. Needless to say, my attitude towards the only Bennington dealer near me, and the one I purchased the boat from, is VERY negative these days.

About 100 hours on the motor over about 45 days of boating. Just pulled the boat today. Pressure wash the toons tomorrow and get the rest of my winter “cleanup” done over the next couple weeks before I send it off to be shrink wrapped till April.

Back