Bennington owners cribs

Its about a 150' stroll to the end, but still only about waste deep water there, all sand and a great swimming area for our grandkids.
That is how my wife's family's place is on glen lake. You can go out 200 yards and it is chest deep.

We have a plaque on the wall downstairs that says "if you're lucky enough to by the water, you're lucky enough". So true... we are very blessed in so many ways.

Lucky Enough.  Sounds like a decent boat name...

I don't swim

Off my dock it is 25 feet deep 

Needless to say 

I wear a life jacket 24/7

If I sneeze I don't want to fall into the lake and drown lol

At the dam lake is 75' deep

You can swim. You just haven't learned yet. Get some lessons. If you ever do fall in without a vest, just look straight up at the sky which will keep your face parallel to the surface, and kick your feet with toes pointed and knees pretty stiff and straight. Flap your arms and you will come up on your back. The backfloat is the easiest to do and easiest way to keep your mouth and nose above water. Once you hit about 10 mph, you will come up on plane, and then you can fold your arms across your chest and relax. Just keep kicking though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaydano,

Thank you , I appreciate your concern and advice

Forunately my wife and kids swim like fish. I have attempted lessons

Even took some at the Y this winter , lol, was told by instructor to keep the life jacket on at the lake.

Will continue lessons again this winter starting in November.

Love the water, always have .

105639360.jpg

Heavy Black PVC pipe is for underground stream to feed into lake 

Haha. When the instructor says to keep your vest on at the lake, well, you better keep it on then!

I know after spending all that time with a one on one instruction she just looked at me 

and said be sure to keep your life jacket on at the lake. You are nowhere near 

ready to be without it !!!

Honesty is the Best Policy when it comes to life and death.

Keep the life guard close 

9069133-illustration-of-a-female-lifeguard-on-duty.jpg

CPR and Mouth to Mouth may be needed (lol)

Care

I know after spending all that time with a one on one instruction she just looked at me 

and said be sure to keep your life jacket on at the lake. You are nowhere near 

ready to be without it !!!

Honesty is the Best Policy when it comes to life and death.

Keep the life guard close 

9069133-illustration-of-a-female-lifeguard-on-duty.jpg

CPR and Mouth to Mouth may be needed (lol)

Keep that vest on, this may be the lifeguard that gives you mouth to mouth ..... :D

e4a992d1a83c5f02265768ca630051f5.jpg

My Mother that had polio as a child, did not learn to swim until she was almost 60 years old.  All those years before we would go fishing on the Mississippi river and never owned a life jacket.  I don't even remember having a float-able seat cushion in the boat.

Yeah, but the theory was to MAKE HIM WEAR it, not pray for mouth to mouth from them ..... :p

During backyard landscaping project

My Mother that had polio as a child, did not learn to swim until she was almost 60 years old.  All those years before we would go fishing on the Mississippi river and never owned a life jacket.  I don't even remember having a float-able seat cushion in the boat.
I am so happy that she had the determination to swim and accomplished her goal

Happier that a floatation device was never needed and that people who did know how to swim were there just in case :)

Beautiful shixon, great design work

Shixon,

That is a magnificent property.

Back