Spring is Coming

Melted snow in 5 gallon buckets works for a flush also .

Hope you dont need it .

Pitchers and catchers start spring training tomorrow.   Opening day is coming!

I went to 22 straight Tiger opening days ,until they went on strike in August of 94 .

It was a few years before I even watched on TV again .

Status check Carl.

We have about 9 inches of snow right now, but could end up with 12-18 inches by tomorrow afternoon...with another shot coming Friday! I have a 1000 ft driveway, as straight as a snake on a hot road.  I had to make 2 passes with the snow blower when I had just a few inches so I could find the road later. But we're supposed to get near 60 by late next week. Come on spring.

Sounds brutal! Be safe down there and there must be a warm up finally as here in MI is suppose to be 48 at the end of next week. For mental health purposes I'm going to round that up to 50!

Only about 2-3 inches on the ground but it's still snaining out. We'll see what's up in the am.

Pitchers and catchers start spring training tomorrow.   Opening day is coming!
We really like college baseball, our team was to have their opening game this Friday..... they are now playing doubleheader on Saturday :)

Steve

gallery_1200_457_833346.jpg
Snowing again!  
gallery_1200_457_672082.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than the obvious ,everything else OK ?

Yup. still got power and internet, and plenty of food, so we're good. Thanks for asking Jack.

Thats good ,of course on the news they are only showing the worst .

While I was out having my coffee and cigar this am, I noticed how quiet it was, No trucks, no cars or police sirens. All I could here were the ducks and watch the birds at the feeder. It was nice. It's snowing big flakes now.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are probably 8-10" so far here. At least 12 hours or so to go ........ Ugggghhhhh !!!!!!!

Ouch ,that's a Michigan snow storm . 

I've done my driveway 3 times just to stay ahead of it. Gonna burn more fuel today than I do on a weekend on the Benni !!! :)

We have been lucky the  past week or so ,just snow showers .It has been cold though ,last December was the last time we were above freezing .Now comes a slight warm up with snow .

They are still predicting a full fledged warm up starting February  22nd .

Latest update and it's still coming down!

gallery_1200_457_34680.jpg

That is a bit for a few hours .

We were forecast 10 to 20 inches, but came in at the low end---12 to 14 inches. Unfortunately, more coming Friday evening.

Back