Spring is Coming

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, it sure is coming down!

40's here today and sunny but another 2" of snow tomorrow and then the 50's by Tuesday!  Yea - the 50's!  I think I remember what that feels like.  Going to be in the 60's by then at the lake by then!

Jack

Carl & Suzi, Clark & Gail,

Those are some beautiful properties!

Thanks Henry.

Makes me think there should be a Bennington owners house/land thread. Some members have beautiful places for sure.

Summers are great at this elevation--a few days at 85-87*, usually a little less. We pay for it in the winter though! Weeks like this we just hunker down, but it will soon pass. Our property backs up to the Blue Ridge Parkway, and beyond that nothing but National Forest for many, many miles. Way more house than is needed for 2 people and 4 cats though, but we built this as a model home for our log home business. Hard to squeeze everything we needed to show in a smaller home.

Clark,

You think you pay for it in the Winter, try Northern Minnesota!

Andy,

Good idea on a new thread, give it a start.

This is far enough north for me. Minnesota has lots of great lakes and fishing, but winter there is just crazy!

Now you see it.   :eek:

gallery_1200_457_672082.jpg
3 days later...........Now you don't.    :p  
gallery_1200_457_586091.jpg

I would like for ours to be gone that quick ,but after yesterday we are about 151 inches this season . That would cause some flooding if it did .

Can't believe it's all gone Carl!

Is your boat leaning or is it because that railing going down is messing w/my eyes????

Optical illusion and old eyes.     :D

I'm glad you asked that first Daril ....... Glad my eyes are still kind of ok. :)

I wish I could see green grass here. We'll see what happens after the warm up this week and rain.

We need to make it to Tuesday ,long range looks good ,all the way into April .

Need enough snow to melt so we can collect dead and down for sap season.

No wood ,no syrup ,with propane over $6.00 a gallon ,that aint happen-en.  

Carl,

I noticed in town today all the snow had melted. Heck, we got another 3+ inches last night. We got up to 28*, not much melting at the house yet. I still have 15-16 inches on the ground. Hopefully with warmer temps this week most of it will melt.

We've never had this much snow since we moved here in 2006, It's usually here today and gone tomorrow.

Woke up to birds chirping outside the bedroom window today. Picked up my phone, and it said negative 4 degrees.  Another flock of Robins at the house later today.  Spring will probably be here tomorrow.  Or the next day.  Ha ha ha ha ha.  Not.

We've never had this much snow since we moved here in 2006, It's usually here today and gone tomorrow.
I envy you Carl. You can enjoy the beauty for a day or so then it can disappear. I think we are stuck with it for awhile ...... Man I can't wait to move south. I don't have to retire, just moving is enough.

Back