Spring is Coming

Love your dock setup Carl.  Can't do anything like that on ours because it is actually a huge reservoir designed to prevent flooding and the water level fluctuates dramitically

The beauty of North And South Carolina We get four seasons but Spring, Summer, and Fall are long and Winter is three days. Snow today Look at it tomorrow and gone the third day. Summers can get warm 90 for a couple of weeks straight, but up here near the mountains low humidity so you can get out and enjoy. to live in Florida is just plain humid You'd have to move out from May to September, No thanks. 32 days to first launch for 2014. Shooting for March 20. No ice on the lakes to watch melt away like up north. No ice makes for a good long boating season.

Love your dock setup Carl.  Can't do anything like that on ours because it is actually a huge reservoir designed to prevent flooding and the water level fluctuates dramitically
Ours goes up and down all year long so the dock floats. Lake Norman is the largest lake on the Catawba River chain of lakes which is man-made. I think there's 5 or 6 dams. If our lake is lowered 1". the lake below us goes up 1'.

We have not see our grass for 10 weeks.  This is southern Ohio 3 days ago.  We have had 44" of snow this winter.  

Last edited by a moderator:
We have not see our grass for 10 weeks.  This is southern Ohio 3 days ago.  We have had 44" of snow this winter.  
This is exactly why we need to move south ,we have not seen our lawn since October , so far not including the predicted 3-6 tonight we have had 151 inches 

4th snowiest season ever here in mi so far, and another 6" tonight.

What ever it is, it' pissing me off!

Knock on wood ,it hasn't even started up here yet . The weather said an 11:00 am start .

I know I just jinxed it .

We recieved 3" of snow this morning here in Omaha, but temp this afternoon was 53. This has been a strange winter.

Carl, had another look.  Looks like your walkway is embedded, dock floats and lift sits on ground.  We are in an association and the dock is in 3/4 of a square shape and holds 16 slips.  Our lake elevation starts about 758' in spring, peaks at about 770' in July and then is slowly drained to 762" at the end of the boating season.  It is further drained during the early winter to prepare for it's purpose; to accumulate the spring thaw thus prevent flooding in Albany and other cities located on the Hudson River.  The entire dock system floats and once they start lowering the water we generally meet every Sunday morning and push the docks out as needed, 2' - 3'.

We had 2" of 30* rain last evening.  Now the driveway that had packed snow is a 900' curling alley.  We are uphill to the main road.  Jill took the 4 WD this morning so she got out.  I walked to get the paper and it is solid ice.  I will have an adventure getting out this morning.  The toon looks sad with 4" of snow on the cover.  Come on Spring.

Oh yeah!!! Too bad we'll proably still have ice then :angry:

Broke a record today at 77. "Climate Change"

Forcast is snow and ice next Friday. This is getting old real fast.

Calling for 56 Saturday, and 28 next Friday ......... Ughhhhhhhh !!!!!

Back